CubieBoard7 is a very tiny, low cost, and richly functional open source hardware, some people call it embedded single board computer as well. CubieBoard7 is also an upgraded product of CubieBoard6 which adopts Actions S500 quad-core application processor. Thanks to the S700 pin-to-pin with S500 from Actions Technology, The CubieBoard7 hardware gets a seamless upgrade from CubieBoard6 and has the 1.5 times performace improvement.
In CubieBoard7 we adopt S700 main chip from Actions Technology Co. Ltd, which is a very cost-effective 64 bit Quad-Core application processor and anounced will have 10 years supply cycle. What’s the most important thing is that Actions is willing to support open source world without considering the early cost.
This year (2017), Quad-Core processor is becoming the main requirement of various embedded devices. The S700 processor which integrated Cortex-A53 Quad-Core CPU and Mali450 MP4 GPU is a very good solution choice. Functionally, we make it support 2GB LPDDR3 that has the big capacity but with smaller size. We make it to support Wifi & Bluetooth in the same board size with CubieBoard2, it’s a rare product in open source hardware industry. In order to meet more and more mobile applications, CubieBoard7 also supports 3.7V Li-Po battery power supply, which make it doubly less competitors.
Name: CubieBoard7, CB7 for short
Property: Software open source, Hardware open, Production materials closed
Owner: CubieTech Limited
Chipset: S700 of Actions Technology Co. Ltd
System: Android, Debian, and many Linux distributions…
Target: Developer, Geek, Maker, Student, Scholar…
CubieBoard7 is also a upgraded model of CubieBoard2, the performance has been greatly improved because of the quad-core 64 bit main chip S700. Not only that, the CubieBoard7’s features also become more rich, even equate to the CubieTruck, aka CubieBoard3, in such a small board size. CubieBoard7’s board size is 100mm*60mm, only 65% of the size of CubieBoard3. It makes CubieBoard7 to be a very playable open source hardware products, and can be used in more application areas.
CubieBoard official team will continually maintain Android, Debian, Debian Server operating systems. Many other open source distributions would support it as well. Now we can offer Android 5.1.1, More operating system will be coming soon. We believe CubieBoard6 will provide very large application opportunity for makers and startup team in products development stage.
1. SOC: Actions SOC S700，ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-Core CPU,Mali450 MP4 GPU
2. Memory: 2GB LPDDR3
3. Storage: 8GB eMMC
4. Card: Micro SD card slot, up to 32GB
5. SATA: Support 2.5 inch HDD/SSD up to 4TB
6. USB: USB HOST Port x2, and USB Device port x1
7. Display: HDMI Port A, HDMI V1.4a, support 1080P@60Hz resolution
8. Ethernet: 10M/100M RJ45
9. Wireless: Wifi 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0(HS) BLE
10. IR: Infrared remote receiver NEC standard
11. Audio: Support 3.5 headphone jack for Audio output, Support 3.5 jack for Line-In
12. Power: DCIN 5V@2.5A power, Support USB power input
13. Battery: Support 3.7V Li-Po battery power the board
14. RTC: Support RTC circuit and RTC rechargeable battery 3.0V
15. Keys: Power key, ADFU key for reflashing the ROM/Image
16. LEDs: Power Led x 1, User Led x 2
17. Expansion Pins: I2C, FM-IN, ADC, CVBS output, Audio output, RGB, LVDS, Mipi DSI, DVP, MIPI-CSI, SPI, HSIC, INT GPIO…
Operating Temperature: -20℃~70℃
Environment Friendly: RoHS
Board Size: 100mm*60mm*18mm
Radio Standard: Fcc & CE compatible
Packing Weight: 196g
Packing Size: 148mm*100mm*69mm
Technical Website: http://cubieboard.org/
Resources Download in China: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1uawPr0Jao2HgWFLZCLzHAg#list/path=%2FCubieBoard_Download%2FBoard%2FCubieBoard7
Distribution contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical contacts: email@example.com
CubieBoards Download Main Entrance:
Enter the proper download server, then choose the related folder:
Root folder -> Board/Model -> CubieBoard7